Soothes and protects the wound and allows free passage of viscous exudate
- Bactigras is soothing and low-adherent and allows the wound to drain freely into an absorbent secondary dressing.
Maintains shape, resists fraying
- Bactigras is a sterile paraffin Tulle Gras dressing made from open weave gauze. The gauze has interlocking threads which minimise fraying when the dressing is cut to shape.
Reduces risk of infection
-The antiseptic efficacy of Bactigras is unaffected by serum and blood.
- Demonstrated to be effective in-vitro and in-vivo against MRSA
- Reduces the risk of colonisation.
- Proven antiseptically active against a wide range of Gram positive and Gram negative organisms.
Bactigras is intended for use as a wound contact layer for wounds such as:
Minor burns and scalds
Lacerations, abrasions and other skin loss wounds
Donor and recipient graft sites
Leg ulcers, where the wound is no more than 10% of the body area, where there is a risk of infection, or on already infected wounds in conjunction with systemic antibiotics.
Bactigras should not be used on more than 10% of the body area.
Dermatitis, contact sensitivity or photosensitivity may rarely occur. Anaphylactic reaction to chlorhexidine has been reported, but is rare.
Avoid contact with eyes, the middle ear, meninges and brain.
Bactigras is incompatible with soaps, other anionic materials, as well as potassium iodide.
The use of Bactigras with oxidising wound cleaning agents should be avoided.